Don't Wait—Get a FREE CONSULTATION Today
SMART. BOLD. AGGRESSIVE
Michael A. Gottlieb
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Michael A. Gottlieb is an AV-rated preeminent Criminal Defense lawyer with more than 25 years experience litigating complex criminal matters in State and Federal Court. Martindale Hubbell’s peer review AV rating, is the highest rating a lawyer can obtain. Mr. Gottlieb is also SUPER LAWYERS and AVVO rated. He has been featured on National Cable/Television giving commentary and professional opinion regarding high profile criminal matters.
He attended Nova Southeastern University Law School and The George Washington University where he obtained a Bachelor’s of Science in Political Science.
Prior to entering private practice, Mr. Gottlieb was an Assistant Public Defender for many years in the 17th Judicial Circuit. Before government practice, he clerked at the Broward County Sheriff’s Office as a legal assistant.
As a criminal defense lawyer in Broward County, Florida, Mr. Gottlieb has handled thousands of cases and tried more than 150 criminal jury trials to verdict. He also travels the country handling Federal Criminal matters.
Mr. Gottlieb has a unique approach; he believes all contact with law enforcement is challengeable under the 4th Amendment. His firm utilizes two attorneys to review each case. This strategy enables his firm to view all sides of every issue, giving the ability to hone in on the problems of a case and decipher a solution to each. This tactic has helped pave the way for success in many cases, thereby avoiding trial or helping to develop a trial strategy that helps to achieve a winning verdict.
As a Broward native, Mr. Gottlieb is active in many local charities and he and his family enjoy giving back to the community where he was born and raised.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Defense State and Federal Court
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Florida, 1993
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 2000
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida, 1994
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- Nova Southeastern University, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
- J.D. - 1993
- George Washington University, Washington, District of Columbia
- B.A. - 1990
- Major: Political Science
- State v. Mordon
- State v. Green
- State v. Smorgala
- State v. Morello
- Adjunct Professor Broward College, 1996 - 2000
Honors and Awards
- AV-Rated Lawyer by Martindale Hubbell
- Broward Daily Business Review, Most Effective Lawyer, 2007
- BACDL Hat Trick Recipient, 2001 - 2010
Professional Associations and Memberships
- NACDL, Member
- FACDL, Member
- BACDL, Past President, 2003 - 2004
Past Employment Positions
- 17th Judicial Circuit, Assistant Public Defender
- Broward County, Assistant Public Defender
- Broward County Sheriff's Office, Clerk