Don't Wait—Get a FREE CONSULTATION Today
SMART. BOLD. AGGRESSIVE
Michael A. Gottlieb
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Bold labels are required.
Michael A. Gottlieb is of-counsel to TKO and handles all of the firm's criminal and white collar defense matters. He is an AV-rated lawyer by Martindale Hubbell, which is the highest rating a lawyer can obtain. He attended Nova Southeastern University Law School and The George Washington University where he obtained a Bachelors of Science in Political Science.
Prior to entering private practice, Mr. Gottlieb was an Assistant Public Defender for many years in the 17th Judicial Circuit in and for Broward County. Before government practice, he clerked at the Broward County Sheriff’s Office as a legal assistant.
As a criminal defense lawyer in Broward County, Florida, Mr. Gottlieb has handled thousands of cases and tried more then 100 criminal jury trials to verdict. Recently he has attained acquittals in State v. Mordon, Murder in the First Degree, State v. Green, Attempted Murder in the First Degree of a Law Enforcement Officer, State v. Johnson, Possession of a Firearm by a Convicted Felon.
Mr. Gottlieb has also successfully had many cases dismissed by pre-trial motion such as State v. Smorgala, Trafficking in Oxycodone and State v. Morello, Possession of Cocaine among numerous others. Michael Gottlieb is experienced in vigorously seeking out critical deficiencies that weaken the prosecution's case against you and possibly avoid a trial altogether.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Defense State and Federal Court
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Florida, 1993
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 2000
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida, 1994
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- Nova Southeastern University, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
- J.D. - 1993
- George Washington University, Washington, District of Columbia
- B.A. - 1990
- Major: Political Science
- State v. Mordon
- State v. Green
- State v. Smorgala
- State v. Morello
- Adjunct Professor Broward College, 1996 - 2000
Honors and Awards
- AV-Rated Lawyer by Martindale Hubbell
- Broward Daily Business Review, Most Effective Lawyer, 2007
- BACDL Hat Trick Recipient, 2001 - 2010
Professional Associations and Memberships
- NACDL, Member
- FACDL, Member
- BACDL, Past President, 2003 - 2004
Past Employment Positions
- 17th Judicial Circuit, Assistant Public Defender
- Broward County, Assistant Public Defender
- Broward County Sheriff's Office, Clerk